For the first time in the new Lionheart Challenge Series, Drivers got the command and went racing at the famed Lime Rock Park with the driver of the #95 Radical SR8 Ryan Otis starting on the pole and dominating the race leading all 49 laps to bring home the first checkered flag of the new season!
22 Drivers made their way to the grid too start the historic race. Lime Rock Park was an exciting track for drivers to try and tame with their Radicals! Many drivers got airborne going over the Turn 5 Hill, Scaring many of the race fans that came out to watch the skilled drivers of the Lionheart Racing Series compete!
Drivers Jesse Vincent, James Paulson, Michael Goodman and Vincent Bluthenthal round out the Top five!
Next week we head to West Virginia to race at Summit Point Motorsports Park! Come out and Join us!
Just a few weeks ago we ended our first attempt at a challenge series. The MX-5 Challenge Series made for some stress free, yet intense racing! So were back to start up another season!
This new season we wont be using the Mazda MX-5 though, we will be racing something new...something more powerful...the Radical SR8! The Radical SR8 is a high downforce sports car, about 2.4x the horse power of the Mazda MX-5!
The schedule consists of 11 specially chosen tracks consisting of 9 Road courses &
2 Ovals! The races will be using Rolling or Standing Starts depending on the track!
- Round 1 - 11/30/16 - Lime Rock Park
- Round 2 - 12/7/16 - Summit Point Raceway
- Round 3 - 12/14/16 - Iowa Speedway
- Round 4 - 12/21/16 - Barber Motorsports Park
- Round 5 - 12/28/16 - Circuit Zolder
- Round 6 - 1/4/17 - New Hampshire Road w/south oval
- Round 7 - 1/11/17 - Long Beach Street Circuit
- Round 8 - 1/18/17 - Donington Park
- Round 9 - 1/25/17 - Lucas Oil Raceway
- Round 10 - 2/1/17 - Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Round 11 - 2/15/17 - Sebring International Raceway
So come out and join us as we start the new season at Lime Rock Park On November 30th!